Legend Buttes Catalog Horse Sale
Friday, September 22, 2023 ~ Crawford, Nebraska
Consignment Deadline: August 21st
"Honest People. Honest Horses"
Date: September 22, 2023
Location: Crawford, Nebraska
Team Roping Preview: Thursday, September 21 @ 6:00pm
Sale Day Preview-All Horses: Friday, September 22 @ 9:00am
Sale: 2 pm Mountain Time
Consignment Deadline: August 21
The Legend Buttes Sale offers a catalog where featured horses can be viewed in a preview setting in the historic Fort Robinson arena at the base of the Legend Buttes. We strive to showcase your horses in a comprehensive way to ensure buyers can thoroughly view your horses showing off!
Our Preview is LIVESTREAMED on our Facebook Page "Crawford Livestock Market" at 9 a.m. Mountain time.
The sale is at 2 p.m. at the Crawford Livestock Salebarn, which is a large, clean, accommodating facility that has served producers since 1930! Crawford Livestock hosts the Legend Buttes Catalog Sale every June. We are excited to present the 7th Legend Buttes Catalog sale on September 22, 2023.
Team Roping Preview: Thursday, September 21 at 6:00 pm at Fort Robinson (online livestream on Crawford Livestock Facebook Page)
All Horse Preview: Friday, September 22 at 9:00 am at Fort Robinson (online livestream on Crawford Livestock Facebook Page)
Sale: Crawford Livestock Salebarn at 2 p.m. Mountain Time - 100 Beech Street, Crawford, NE
-To reach the preview follow HWY 20 through Crawford and continue on HWY 20 for 3 miles until arriving at Fort Robinson. Turn into Fort Robinson on the 3rd right turn and check in to get your park sticker. Continue west through the Fort until you reach the Arena
To reach the sale, follow HWY 20 (from east or westbound) until you arrive at 1st street (right next to the Fire Hall) turn onto the first street and travel north until you reach the park or one block past that is the sale barn.
We hope to see you at the sale!
The top two high selling horses will receive custom buckles sponsored by Molly's Custom Silver
Robin Scherbarth (308) 360-3583
Cody Scherbarth (308) 430-0528
Office: (308) 665-2220 (Hours 8am-12pm & 1pm-5pm)
Fax: (308) 665-2224
Sale Day Preview Format
All Horses MUST show in the preview or they will not be allowed to sell during the sale. No Exceptions
- Warm up: 8am-9am - ALL HORSES
- National Anthem/Official Preview starts: 9am-Broadcast on Facebook LIVE ~ Crawford Livestock Market
- Rope Horse: 9-9:45 am Breakaway, Tie Down and Team Roping
- Consignors can pick their partners in the team roping. Each horse will be allowed to run twice
- Note: an extensive roping preview will be held on Thursday night before the sale at 6pm. Rope horses are encouraged to check in on Thursday.
- Barrels/Poles: Immediately following the roping. 1 walk/trot through & 1 rodeo run per horse
After the roping & Barrels, the arena will be split and 2 events will run concurrently.
- Trail Horse: West end of Arena (Logs to walk over, gate, tire to drag, ect)
- Pattern provided. Horses will work in random draw order.
- Reining: West end of Arena
- Pattern provided (circles, lead changes, stops, spins). Horses will work in Random Draw order that will be posted the morning of the preview.
- Cowhorse: West end of Arena - Pattern & Flag/Cattle
- Pattern provided. Consignor will complete the reining pattern & work the flag OR call for a steer to work or rope. Horses will work in random draw order.
- Roping Prospect: East End of Arena - Rope horse prospect preview (Roping the hot heels) All roping prospect horses may be in the arena taking turns heading or heeling the hot heels.
- Ranch Horse: East end of Arena - (Ranch Roping Team)
- Consignors will be in teams of 4-6. 2 steers and 1 cow will be in the arena and the consignors can ranch rope, tie down, team rope or sort on the animals similar to a ranch rodeo. Teams will be in random draw and assigned unless the consignor knows who they want to work with.
- Preview concludes 1:30pm -all horses go back to the salebarn to prepare for the sale which begins at 2pm and horses will sell in catalog order
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the catalog deadline?
A. The catalog deadline is August 21st. NO EXCEPTIONS. No loose or open riding horses will be accepted.
How much is the consignment fee?
A. A consignment fee of $125 dollars is due at consignment. Consignors must provide professional videos and pictures. If you would like to opt in to our media package. The consignment fee is $200 and our sale media team will travel to you to take the consignment photos and videos for you! This is a great value for a great return. *Media Package bookings must be scheduled 2 weeks in advance
What is the consignment media package?
A. Our media package is an opportunity to have our sale media team take professional photos and videos for you! Our standard consignment fee is $125. For an additional $75, our team will travel within 500 miles to do the photos and videos. This makes the consignment fee + media package an affordable $200. On average, consignors horse's who opted in to the media package, brought $2,000 more than consignors horse's who did not provide professional photos and videos. We highly encourage consignors to take advantage of the media package or hire a professional equine photographer. On average, professional equine photography sessions can cost $150-$300. We are offering our consignors the opportunity to have professional grade marketing material for a fraction of the usual cost. If opting into the media package, please schedule your photos 2 weeks in advance of the deadline
What is commission?
A. Commission is 8% of the final bid price whether the horse sells or not.
Do I need a health and coggins?
A. Yes, all horses, regardless of state or location, need a health and coggins test. Horses from Wyoming and South Dakota MUST have a brand inspection. Any horse selling as registered must have papers and current transfer at time of consignment or the horse will be sold as grade.